Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
MMG Aluminium Aktiengesellschaft
PHONE | FAX
+49 (0) 2651 98 76-0
+49 (0) 2651 98 76-50
for the processing of data within the scope of our website as well as the data collected here
We will first give you a brief overview, and then provide you with comprehensive information.
A. Brief overview about data protection in our company
- When visiting our website, your IP-address will be processed for delivering the website as well as for the services of third-party provider used by us, however, it is not stored.
- We only use technically required cookies, without which our website will not operate.
- Our site uses SSL encrypted data transmission to you.
- When using the contact form, the personal data visible there is transmitted to enable us to reply to you. Without entering into a contract, we store this for a maximum of 6 months.
B. Comprehensive information
Basic information on data processing
The simple parenthetical citation of a legal provision is intended to express the legal standard on the basis of which the data processing is legitimised (legal basis), in case personal data are processed in the course of the respective operation.
I. Basics of data protection
Subject of the data protection are personal data (hereinafter referred to as data). These are information which refer to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Except as disclosed in this document or in other circumstances, we do not consider ourselves to be able to identify you.
As far as we obtain an approval for processing operations with regard to personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
Concerning the processing of personal data necessary for the fulfilment of a contract to which the affected person is contractual party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR is the legal basis. This also applies for processing operations, which are necessary for pre-contractual measures.
As far as a processing of personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation our company is subject to, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c) GDPR is the legal basis.
In case vital interests of the affected person or another natural person require a processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d) GDPR is the legal basis.
In case the processing is necessary for safeguarding legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the concerned person does not override the aforesaid interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR is the legal basis for the processing.
The personal data of the concerned person will be erased or blocked, as soon as the purpose of the storage lapses. Furthermore, a storage may occur when required by the European or national legislator in regulations, statutes or other provisions in Union legislation, to which the responsible is subjected. Blocking or erasure of data will be carried out as well in case of expiry of a storage period determined by the said provision, unless the maintenance of storage is necessary for the purpose of a contract conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
II. Collecting, using and storing data when visiting our website
We use MIG Medien & Technologie GmbH as our web server provider within the framework of commissioned data processing, i.e. this company acts on our behalf to technically deliver the website to you. We remain the responsible party vis-à-vis you, so that we also speak of "we" in the following, although MIG handles this technically for us.
In case of visiting our website, we obtain your complete IP-address by your EDP. Only with such IP-address we are able to transfer the data of our website to you in order that the website is shown to you (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) and f) GDPR). The temporary storage of the IP-address by the system is necessary to make a transfer of the website to your computer possible. It may be necessary to store your IP-address for the duration of the session. Since you have requested the website, this is a matter of mutual legitimate interest.
Beyond the processing to transmit the retrieved data, the full IP address is not processed or stored.
There is no option for filing an objection, because these procedures are essential for the operation of the website. In case you want to raise objections, please do not visit our website.
Any use of your personal data will only be for the purposes stated and to the extent required to achieve these purposes.
Personal data is only transferred to state institutions and authorities within the framework of mandatory national legal provisions or if the transfer is required for legal or criminal prosecution in the event of attacks on our network infrastructure. Data will not be passed on to third parties for other purposes.
III. Contact form
When using our contact form, registration form for our online offer, the press form as well as the newsletter registration, the information provided therein will be transmitted to us and stored.
We use the data exclusively for replying to your request as well as, in case the request refers to a contractual relationship or a contractual relationship should be concluded hereby, for initiating and execution of a contractual relationship (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a), b), f) GDPR). Our legitimate interest is replying to your request. As far as you are already our customer or become our customer in the future, we are allowed to collect, store, change and transmit the data for conclusion, execution or termination of the contractual relationship, without need for your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR) and as long as it is permitted by law (e. g. after expiry of limitation periods often lasting 3 years or 10 years according to tax provisions of the Abgabenordnung (= fiscal code). In other cases, that is e. g. as long as the contractual relationship has not been established, we store your data no longer than 6 months.
A cookie is an information, e.g. in the form of a small file, which the web server has created on the visitor's computer. The web server can retrieve the information when the visitor returns or continues his or her visit.
V. Your rights to information, correction, blocking, deletion, completion, restriction and data portability
In the following, we inform you about those rights that are even slightly relevant in relation to our website. Please note that you may have more extensive rights in the context of other data processing operations. You have the right:
- to revoke your consent at any time according to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. This means that we are no longer allowed to continue processing the data based on this consent in the future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us according to Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay according to Art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us according to Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, to the extent that the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing according to Art. 21 GDPR;
- to receive, according to Art. 20 GDPR, your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to any other responsible party;
- to revoke your consent at any time according to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. As a consequence, we are no longer allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace.
- To the extent that your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data according to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for doing so that arise from your specific situation or the objection is against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, a message to the data as specified in our imprint is sufficient.
Your rights and restrictions on your rights are explained in more detail as follows:
1. Right to information
You are entitled to require a confirmation by the controller about whether personal data concerning you are processed by us. In case such processing occurs, you may require from the responsible person the following information:
(1) The purpose of processing the personal data;
(2) The categories of personal data being processed;
(3) The receiver respectively the categories of receivers, towards which the personal data concerning you have been disclosed or will be disclosed;
(4) The intended duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, in case specific information about it are not possible, criteria for determination of storage duration;
(5) The existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, of a right for restriction of processing by the controller or of a right to raise objections against the processing;
(6) The existence of the right of appeal at a supervisory authority;
(7) All available information about the origin of the data, in case the personal data have not been collected from the affected person;
(8) The existence of automated decision-making including profiling according to Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and – at least in these cases – meaningful information about the involved logic as well as the scope and the aspired affection of such processing for the affected person.
You are entitled to claim information about whether the personal data concerning you are transmitted in a third county or to an international organization. In this context you may claim becoming informed about appropriate safeguards according to Art. 46 GDPR in context with the transmission.
2. Right to rectification
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller the rectification and/or completion, as far as the processed personal data concerning you are inaccurate or incomplete. The controller shall implement the rectification without undue delay.
3. Right to restriction of processing
Under the following conditions you may demand restriction of the processing of the personal data concerning you:
- When you contest the accuracy of the personal data for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purpose of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
- You have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of you.
Where the processing of the personal data concerning you has been restricted, such personal data shall – with the exception of storage – only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State. In case you have obtained restriction of processing according to the conditions above, you shall be informed by the controller before the restriction of processing is lifted.
4. Right to erasure
a. Obligation to erase
You shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of the personal data concerning you without undue delay, and the controller shall have the obligation to erase such data without undue delay in case one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw consent on which the processing is based according to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for processing;
- You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR;
- The personal data concerning you have been unlawfully processed;
- The personal data concerning you have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
- The personal data concerning you have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
b. Information to third parties
In case the controller has disclosed personal data concerning you and is obliged to erasure of such data pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, he shall implement appropriate measures, taking into account the available technology and implementation costs, also of technical kind, in order to inform such persons responsible for the data processing, that you as concerned person have claimed from them to erase all links to these personal data or of copies or replications of these personal data.
The right to erasure shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary
- For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- For compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of authority vested in the controller;
- For reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h) and lit. i) as well as Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
- For achieving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR in so far as the right referred to in paragraph a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. Right to notification
In case you have asserted the claim to rectification, erasure or restriction of procession to the controller, the controller shall communicate these rectification or erasure or restriction of processing to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
The controller shall inform you on request about those recipients.
6. Right to data portability
You shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where
- The processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR; and
- The processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability, you furthermore shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. Rights and freedoms of others shall not be adversely affected hereby.
The right to data portability shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
7. General information about your right to object
You shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e) or f GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions.
We shall no longer process personal data concerning you, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or serve the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
Where you object to processing for direct marketing, the personal data concerning you shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
In the context of the use of information society services – notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC – you may exercise your right to object by automated means using technical specifications.
8. Right to revoke the declaration of consent under data protection law
You shall have the right to revoke your declaration of consent under data protection law at any time. The revocation shall not affect the legitimacy of processing carried out on the basis of the consent until its revocation.
VI. Links to websites of other providers
VII. Data protection officer, complaints, responsible authority
If you have any complaints about data protection, you can contact our data protection officer Pascal Perse at the address below or at email@example.com. You may also contact any data protection supervisory authority in the EU.
Notwithstanding any other administrative or judicial remedy you may have, you shall have such right for complaint at a supervisory authority, especially in the Member State of your residence, your place of work or at the place of the alleged violation, when you are of the opinion that the processing of personal data concerning you would violate the GDPR. The supervisory authority to which the complaint is addressed will inform the complainant about the status and the results of the complaint including the option of a judicial remedy pursuant to Art. 78 GDPR.
The responsible party is us, i.e. the operator of this website, i.e. MMG Aluminium AG, Eichenstraße 41, 56727 Mayen, represented by the Management Board: Günter Strobel (Chairman), Annette Hett-Wilbert, Dieter Wolf, whom you can contact at the above address.
VIII. Your questions and update notice